6/30/2013

Post Heroes Con and a big etsy sale

Happy summer to all! After a busy few weeks, I am finally able to sit down and update.  I am doing a "post heroes con print sale" at my etsy store. All prints are now $7.00 for one week only. I had a few leftover prints from the show, so decided to have a sale. Check it out! I also finally posted my Pin Up coloring and activity book for sale!  For this week only I am also offering a free mini mirror with purchase of a coloring book.
My coloring book now available on etsy!
First up during this busy June, was Heroes convention in Charlotte, North Carolina. I was graciously invited by my friend Paigey, her husband Phil and Fenny from Little Asian Sweatshop to share some space in artists alley this year. I had a great time last year, so I figured why not! It was a really fun experience again, and compared to other cons I have been to as both an attendee and as an artist, this one is truly about comics and comics creators. The people from Heroes Aren't Hard to Find, the comic book store in Charlotte that puts on the show were also very nice and accommodating, and made sure it was a good experience for everybody, from the super famous to the not so well known (like me!) I would definitely recommend a visit to this convention if you are a fan of comics and creators with less Hollywood fanfare than the other big conventions. Last years show was a great introduction to Heroes con for me, as it was their 30th anniversary and Stan Lee was a special guest, so there was a lot of enthusiasm going around and lots of people in attendance. This year felt a bit more spread out and low key, but I still got to meet new people, sell some of my new coloring books, which I am glad to say got good reception, and I got to meet fellow ZaPow artist Beck Seasholls, aka Becka Doodles! It was also nice seeing Sarah Dyer and her awesome daughter Emily--she was the little girl dressed as Xena! As well as amazing designer Vivcore. It was also cool having my work recognized from ZaPow gallery in Asheville. All in all a really good time :) Again, I would highly recommend this show.
Paigey, Myself, Fenny and Lorraine Klimowich

My set up for the weekend

dark photo at the art auction saturday night

After heroes con, I went on vacation to Vancouver, Canada for a week with a friend, and had a great time. It was really nice to get away and decompress and take in new sites, fresh air and friendly people, and not worry or think too much about work, art and every day life. Plus the weather was beautiful, the air was fresh and the food was awesome (ok, maybe I overindulged a bit!) We did everything from whale watching to hiking and I have to admit I am a little sad to be back home! People were so nice there and everyone seemed genuinely happy. I would love to visit more places in Canada. Suggestions?

It looked like something out of a movie!

Now that vacation and conventions are sadly over, back to the drawing board to create new art! I feel inspired and refreshed, but that might just be the jet lag talking :)


No comments:

Post a Comment